Thursday, March 13, 2008

Here are just a few of the things that are
waiting patiently for the beginning of next week-




















And here is a picture of me in all my 51 inch waistline glory.

I can't believe I'm that big. I guess I should've included a sentence beforehand warning of the upcoming picture in case some of you didn't want to see that.

Here is the scoop. I went to my doctor this morning. I am dialated to a one and a half. The baby's head is down, and the doctor seems to think it will stay that way. I am going to see her again on Monday morning and she will do some things to me that my husband says I shouldn't talk about. They are labor inducing things. She seems to think that I am ready enough that this may put me into labor and I won't need to be induced. Nevertheless, I am still scheduled to show up at the hospital at 7:30am on Tuesday, March 18 to be induced. So, unless he comes on his own earlier, he will be born on Tuesday. I guess we are ready for his arrival. We have all the things we need, the crib is up, and the siblings are anxious. I don't know if I'm ready. I'm not ready to share him. I'm not ready to not feel his movements all the time. I'm just having a hard time letting go a little. I am ready to get to know him better. I'm ready to see what he looks like, and I am ready to sleep a little better. I hope he's like all my other babies. They only (on average) woke up once during the night around two or three for about a half an hour or so. I guess we'll meet him in a few days and have a lifetime to get to know him.

3 comments:

Jolene said...

M&M,
We are all anxiously awaiting your new arrival (after all it's been over a year since we have had a new baby in the Lalliss clan). BTW have you picked a name yet?
I know the conflict you feel wanting the pregnancy to be over, yet knowing you'll miss all those special moments just the two of you shared. Now that I am done having kids, I miss those moments even more (Kenn doesn't understand, he just always says how much I hated pregnancy).
I am still waiting for your hundred things blog.

Love, Jolene

Sara said...

I am so excited!!! you will have to call me and let me know when the little guy arrives. I love the booties and the polka dots- is that a sheet? so cute. Love you ALL!!

Kati said...

So excited! Keep us updated this week!
Kati