Friday, August 31, 2007
Here are the rules. You GOOGLE your name then "needs". So when I did it I GOOGLED "Michelle needs" and these are some of the things that came up-
- Michelle needs to get her game together. (Well, I think that's obvious to anyone who has visited my house lately.)
- Michelle needs a long break. (Mike and I have been trying to find a time for a get-away for months.)
- Michelle needs a good man to care for her and tend to her as she deserves. (Fortunately I already have one that treats me much better than I deserve.)
- Michelle needs every advantage possible. (DUH!)
- Michelle needs a home that can accept her limitations.
- Michelle needs a family that will be patient, consistent, kind, loving...(maybe a little less loud and rambunctious, too)
- Michelle needs to fatten up! (I DON'T THINK SO!)
- Michelle needs to return to the Chicago airwaves. ( I don't know what I'd do once I got there.)
- Michelle needs an Oscar!!! Acting will one day save the world. Maybe, Michelle is the actor that we have all been waiting for. (I'm ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille.)
- Michelle needs to spend some of her newly aquired wealth. (What? Does someone know something that I don't?)
- Michelle needs to pray more, think more, be more patient and more resilient. (This one is right on the money.)
This is what I think Michelle really needs-
- Michelle needs more help from her children.
- Michelle needs more hours in the day to get things done.
- Michelle needs to have ALL the boxes unpacked and things put away.
- Michelle needs more sleep.
- Michelle needs more time with her husband.
- Michelle needs a vacation-sans children.
- Michelle needs to read the scriptures more.
- Michelle needs to talk to and/or visit her mom more often.
- Michelle needs less cooking and more eating out.
- Michelle needs more hugs.
Well, that's it for now. I would tag some people to do this, but Kati already tagged everyone that I know would do this. Apparently, Michelle needs more friends, too.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Today was also a big day in the Price household. We had to go to the Junior High and pick up Ben's schedule and locker assignment. (Man, am I old or what?) Here it is-
- first period- Career/Tech Ed. a requrement for all 7th graders-I don't remember what this class is for
- second period-English
- third period-Reading Team a special class that helps teach how to take effective notes and how to study
- then lunch 10:45 am (short morning, long afternoon)
- fourth period- Utah Studies
- fifth period-PreAlgebra a special math class for those who are struggling with math
- sixth period- Beginning Band Ben thinks he wants to learn the saxophone-"because it's cool"
- seventh period- Science
He will have lots of new things to get used to, and lots of new people to meet. Here he is trying to learn how to do the combination that will open his locker-
Mike is in Phoenix. He flew out yesterday(monday) after work and he'll be back late on Wednesday. He had some training meetings, how to do a budget and stuff. Pretty exciting I guess. Here's a cute picture of him and Aaron-
Well, I am missing hour eighteen -"digital scrapbooking". See you soon.
Sunday, August 5, 2007
We finally got driving and we got nailed with a rain storm just before we got to Rendezvous Beach on Bear Lake. It was good we weren't setting up a tent during the rain. The kids scattered as soon as the doors of the van opened and searched out their cousins. We finally sank some $ and bought a new tent this year. It is a 12x15 tent and it has flaps that can create multiple rooms. It was so nice to have a tent I can actually stand up in and move around without tripping over stuff. Of course my boys were gone so Belle and I had to figure out how to get the thing up. It is HUGE! Then we blew up the air mattresses, carried all the stuff down to the camp site, and set up the boy's tent. It was then 10:00pm by the time we were ready to start our, my, Bear Lake experience. It was great to talk to everybody and to play games and see people we hadn't seen in a while. Belle got a big birthday singing and her parents and sibs had a big poster with balloons stating her incredibly old age of 40. I can't believe I am married to such a great looking older woman. (SWEEEET!!!!)
We spent most of Friday down at the beach. The kids had a blast playing in the water and playing with their cousins. We had lunch down at the beach and I read a book and wrestled with Aaron and we all had a generally great time. The wind was strong but the clouds rolled in and Mr. Sun didn't get on us to much. (or so we thought).
Rick and Kim put together a great Dutch Oven Dinner and we had Chicken and Rice and Peach Cobbler for dessert. The Talent Show that night was fun and Josh did a ventriloquism act with his wolf. Kim sang a song and Ben did a skit with the other cousins. All the cousins did a great job with their sand castles and the Lalliss boys and Turner girls and Brian Lalliss Girls all won prizes for their design.
The bright red of the sunburns came out the next morning and Josh was a bright red with blisters on his shoulders. Kim and Emma both had burns on their swimsuit lines. Everybody was really not feeling well and so we decided to pack it in and head back on Saturday afternoon. The $1 table at the auction was a big hit with the kids and it was a lot of fun to see all the people that attended. We got all the stuff from camp packed up, asked for another miracle and it all fit back into the van. We had to wait a while because Kenn and Jolene had some car issues. They finally got their car started and we followed them home to make sure everything was OK.
We got home and got everything unpacked and the last thing I wanted to do was to cook dinner so we went and had some supper out which hit the spot and then we all came home and crashed.
We are including some pics from the festivities. We would like to put a postscript on this note that we are really not bad parents. We caked on the sunscreen on these kids but my albino superpowers have been passed on to my children and they absorbed the sun like a solar cell. If you do have an issue with the sunburns, please send you complaints to: Ura Hoser - 42 Geta Clue - Homerville, UT 0U812.
We did have some great fun. Martin and Jannette were great to talk to and they were always helpful in watching Aaron and giving our mooching children food. Rick and Kim were both reading the new Harry Potter book and it was good to talk with them about life in general. Monique was a lot of fun for the kids with her little pooch. And Kenn and Jo even had some time to go into the city and bring me back Ice Cream and for that they should be given a medal. The biggest thing was that the kids had a great time. They love the beach and staying up late and eating junk food until they are sick. So on the whole it was a pretty fair family whohaa!