Wednesday, May 7, 2008


This is what happens-

when we work hard together. The sprinkling system in the front yard is buried. We just need to get rid of the weeds, level the ground, and then we can have a lawn. Hurray!

when it's an eighty degree day and Aaron discovers he has pockets.



when I get lazy and don't do any laundry for a few days. You can only see about half the pile of dirty clothes (the other part is to the left out of the picture), and I have already done three loads. (The pile is about two and a half feet high, in case you can't tell from the picture.) That's what happens when you have eight people in the family (including a newborn and a six year old that changes clothes three times a day) and you don't do at least two loads a day.



-just to clarify-

In the last post I said I don't like having my kids home. I actually love having my kids home and being with them. What I meant to say is-


I don't like having my kids home when I am planning on having them at school and I have errands to run and things to do. Things that are much easier to do without having them all with me. And besides, sick kids are the worst.



P.S. Happy Birthday, Ryan! We are thinking about you on this special day. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

2 comments:

Sara said...

That is a LOT of laundry! It reminds me of when I was a kid and used to lay in the piles of laundry, and then put them one at a time down the laundry shoot.

Kati said...

I knew what you meant. It is really hard to have all the kids home when you have things that need to get done. I have had to let a lot of things go...just to live in the moment and enjoy my kids. You have always been really good at that. You are a very good mommy. Can't wait to see you guys on Sunday too...and finally get to hold that little munchkin!
Good luck getting ready for the big day! I know how stressful these things are. Your yard will be wonderful when it is done. We are in the same boat. I just got a call from the company that was supposed to finish ours up last weekend. It looks like it won't happen this weekend either. Stupid weather has put them behind on other projects!