Tuesday, February 26, 2008

This is my cute brother Scott,













and his cute wife and daughter.


This picture of their little family was taken about a year and a half ago.

The reason I am putting them on my blog is because I love them very much and I am asking for your prayers for them. Scott is leaving today to go to Fort Lewis in Washington state for awhile. There he will receive some training. Kelly is pregnant and will have their son in the middle of April. Scott will not be able to be there for the birth, but he will be able to come home for a few days during the last week of April to bless his boy. Then Scott will leave here and go to Afghanistan for a year. We had a family get-together last night to say our goodbyes and my Dad gave Scott a beautiful blessing. Even though there were 22 children and 14 adults there, the Spirit was strong. Dad blessed Scott that he would be safe, that the vehicles he traveled in would work properly and would provide him and the people he would work with safety. He blessed him that he would be an example to those around him, and that they would know that he represented Christ, and that he might be able to share the Gospel. He blessed Scott that his family would be cared for while he was gone, and that his children would know that he would only be gone for a little while. It was so sweet and special. I was so glad that we were able to be there. I am scared for Scott and for the situation that he is going into, but I have been reassured that he will be safe and watched over while he is there. I love you, Scott. I'm sorry we don't know each other very well. (I am almost 14 years older than Scott, and moved away from home when he was about 5 years old.) Be safe, and know that you are always in our prayers.

No comments: