Thursday, February 26, 2009

So, we've had sickness since Sunday.

This is Ben as we left for Church.

And this is what I saw when I came back after running an errand yesterday.

Mike has not been feeling good since Monday. He's had a temperature between 102 and 103 on and off since Monday afternoon, but he hasn't been able to take any time off work. They are closing their Salt Lake office, and since Mike is in charge, he's had to be there to pack things up. He's been moving desks, filing cabinets, shelves, files, etc. There is no one working in that office (because they're closing it) so Mike has done it all by himself.

When I came home last night, he was wrapped in a blanket shivering, had a temp of 103, and told me that he was in trouble because he had just passed out for a minute. I called my friend who is a nurse and told her the symptoms and asked if I should be worried. She said, "well, yeah." I called Mike's doctor and he said it was either influenza or pneumonia. In either case, he should go to the hospital and have an IV. So, I called Mike's Dad and he agreed to come take Mike to the hospital for me. They left just after 8:00pm and Mike got home around 11:45pm. He said they waited in the waiting room for about an hour and a half before he was even seen. They gave him some saline and some medication in it, checked him out, and declared that he has the Influenza type A. Of course we did not have flue shots this year. It is highly contagious so don't come visit. We love you too much to share.

Josh has had it and is on the down slide. He was supposed to go to a winter camp out on Friday. You know the kind. Dig a trench in the snow, lay out a tarp, put your sleeping bag on top and climb in. Then you cover yourself with another tarp and hopefully you don't freeze to death in the night. He was really excited about going, but we told him that we really don't want to spend a week in the hospital with him having pneumonia. Maybe he'll get to go on the next one.

Emma was sick all day yesterday, but is doing a little better today. Aaron was sick tuesday, but he's good now. Kimi was up all night with a fever and throwing up. I thought that maybe it would pass me up, hoping it would pass me, but I woke up feeling achy and coughing.

The biggest bummer about this is that my brother is arriving home tomorrow morning. We were planning to go out to the base to meet his plane. The kids were excited, I was excited, the whole family was looking forward to being there. Now, we'll have to wait to see him. I really don't want to get anyone else sick.

So, this is what we're doing today.


sara said...

you poor things! i hope you all get feeling better soon!!

Jolene said...

Sorry you won't get to be there tomorrow, that's kind of a bummer that the flu hit your family at such a crumby time.