Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I have decided that I am going to post everyday five things that I am grateful for.


I read something recently that made me think about what I am most grateful for. And, since this is November and we are about to celebrate Thanksgiving I thought that this would be a good idea for me, and for my family (that includes most of you reading this) to know what I'm grateful for. Since it's already November 7, I guess my list needs to start with 35 things, so here goes-



    1. I am grateful for shampoo. Can you imagine living without it?

    2. I am grateful for my minivan. Even though we are quickly outgrowing it, I am so grateful that we can afford to have that car for me to use.


    3. I am grateful for disposable diapers. Enough said!


    4. I am so grateful for people who know more than I do and aren't afraid to share their knowledge with me.


    5. I am grateful for chocolate (even though I am really not supposed to be eating a lot of it.)


    6. I am grateful for refrigeration. I can't imagine living back before it was invented.


    7. I am grateful for my brothers and sisters. Even though we don't get together very often, I know that if I ever needed anything I could ask them and they would be there for me.


    8. I am grateful for healthy children. We had an ultrasound this morning and found out that our baby is healthy and active. I have been worried because I can't really feel the baby move, and I know I've felt all the others by this time. But, never fear. All is well. My due date is March 26 by the way.



    9. I am grateful that I know how to preserve some things. Peaches and applesauce so far this year. I also know how to make jams and jellies. I've bottled tomatoes and spaghetti sauce in the past. As much as I dislike doing it, I am SO GLAD that I know how. Thanks, Mom!


    10. I am grateful for fresh, clean sheets on my bed (when I have them).


    11. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and all He's done for me.


    12. I am grateful for computers. Even though I can't figure out how to do what I need to do half the time, I'm glad that we have one in our home.



    13. I am grateful for our new cute little house. Obviously this picture was taken awhile ago (before we moved in, in fact) and the yard doesn't really look like this anymore. We now have dirt, trenches for a sprinkling system, and two trees in front, and seven trees in back.


    14. I am grateful that my husband has a job that allows me to stay home with my kids, and pays him enough that we always have enough food for our table and money for our bills.


    15. I am grateful for paper. I love paper. Any color. Any pattern. Plain or colored. I love paper.


    16. I am grateful for central air conditioning. I would melt in the hot Utah summers without it.


    17. I am grateful that my husband has dragged me into the digital age. I carry my camera with me everywhere I go. I would never take as many pictures as I do if I still used my old dinosaur camera.


    18. I am grateful that I have a sewing machine and I know how to use it.


    19. I am grateful for my cute kids. They bring so much fun and adventure to my life.

    20. I am grateful for tissues. We all have colds right now, and they are well used here.

    21. I am grateful for television. It helps me feel included in the world, and it brings me entertainment when I have a spare moment.

    22. I am grateful for milk, and chicken cordon bleu with cordon bleu sauce, and rice, and broccoli. Yummy, I could eat this meal everyday of my life and never get tired of it.

    23. I am grateful for vacuums.

    24. I am grateful for books, even though I hardly ever get to sit down and actually read one.

    25. I am grateful for grass, and trees, and flowers.

    26. I am grateful for a garage. Even though it is a mess right now, I am grateful for the storage and shelter it provides.

    27. I am grateful for this country. I find it hard to fathom that out of all the people in this world, I get to live here. Not only live here, but live here in Utah where I was born into a family that already had the gospel and was already sealed in the Temple. What are the odds?

    28. I am grateful for music. Especially this time of year when I get to hear Christmas music and be reminded of our Savior.

    29. I am grateful for school. I know my children will not agree with me, but getting an education is a good thing.

    30. I am grateful that we have clothes. They keep us warm and they cover up anything unsightly that doesn't need to be seen. My toes for example.

    31. I am grateful for my gas stove and oven.

    32. Even though we sometimes complain and joke a little about my Dad's knowledge, I am glad that he knows things and is willing to help us out with things that we don't know-like finishing a basement, installing a toilet, changing a car battery, etc.

    33. I am grateful for crazy glue. I use it at least once a week. I should buy stock in the company. Duct tape, too. You can fix anything if you have duct tape and crazy glue.

    34. I am grateful for electricity. A lot of things I am grateful for and use everyday wouldn't even be around if there was no electricity.

    35. And finally, for today, I am SO grateful for a kind, gentle, and terribly handsome man. He takes such good care of me, and he works so hard for our family. It is an honor and a pleasure to be married to him and to have the opportunity to be with him for eternity.
    I am tagging some of you to participate in this list of things you are grateful for. You can put one thing a day, or five like I am. You may not repeat anything on your list, and I would like it to be an everyday thing. By the time Thanksgiving comes around, you shouldn't have any problem thinking of what you're grateful for.
    Tag-
    Kati, Sara, Isaac, Barbara, Tom, and Michael

2 comments:

Kati said...

WOW! You have been a crazy little blogging woman today! Way to go on the applesauce! None of my kids like applesauce...so I will spare myself the torture of the process you explained.

Sara said...

Well, today I listed all of my complaints- so just the opposite of what I should have done!! Thanks for reminding me of all the little things to be grateful for!!