Friday, November 9, 2007

Mike's 2nd BLOG

Greetings to the world!!!

In my second blog entry I will obey the command of my sweet wife and write 5 things that I am grateful for. I will admit that mine will be somewhat different and will probably not be to the extend that Belle has written but it will be my five of the day.


1. I am grateful for a car that takes me to and from and around for work. It is my office on wheels and smells like it. It has all my sales crap in the back seat and my binder fits in between the parking brake and the passenger seat. It has been a great little car and gets me where I need to go. My area manager and other coworker laugh at me because I don't drive a Lexus or a BMW but I also don't have a $350.00 a month car payment for which I am also grateful.

2. I am grateful for the health I have. Yes, I am big and could stand to lose 100-150lbs but on the whole I have been pretty healthy. I have been able to take care of my family and help build and keep a house going. I feel pretty lucky to be alive and well.


3. I am grateful for my beautiful, amazing, persevering, incredible, and muy caliente! WIFE!!! She can do almost anything from fixing the main plumbing pipe under a house to canning a mess of applesauce to talking with me when I am down to being my best friend. The last one is probably the most amazing!




4. I am especially grateful for music. I am always amazed that music gets me motivated and pumped up or gets me relaxed and spiritually uplifted. I know I am not the best singer in the world but I love to sing with the radio and in Church and in the shower. (Bad visual for all of you) It is the power that brings peace in my life.


5. I am grateful for the blessings of good parents. I look back at the times I gave mom and dad grief and pain in my life and realize I am getting a double helping in return. I am glad Dad held us accountable and set high expectations for us. I am glad Mom taught us that the world is full of amazing things and that I can see the possibilities if I open myself up and welcome them in. I am also grateful for Dee and Diann and the influence they have added in my life. Dad Lalliss has been a great resource of information and help and Mom has always looked at the best that people have to offer and recognize their potential.


So there you have it. They are good for me and I hope you all have something you can think of that you are thankful for.

No comments: